Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Let's Play With Food.

Kyra turned 6 months old this week, which means time for solids or semi solids. Family and friends are so excited wondering when am I going to start giving Kyra porridge and puree (the excitement already started when she was only 2 months old). I was a nervous wreck because I don't know how to cook porridge nor am I keen to make puree. Still, I begun searching around the web and asking my mum what she used to feed us and so on.

One fine lovely day, I saw on Facebook that a dear friend of my bestie was giving her 6 months old her first solid food. A slice of sweet potato. Which got me wondering, aren't babies suppose to eat puree or porridge first? She created a lovely gallery of photos and recipes, which got me more and more curious. BLW. What's BLW????? and the googling frenzy started. I needed to know more!!

So.......... Baby-led weaning (BLW) ........ forgetting purees and weaning spoons, and simply letting your baby feed herself. Alright, I needed to educate myself more on this, time to read up! Time was running out and I have yet to finish reading the BLW book I purchased. I don't feel prepared, what do I do????

Well I discussed with the hubs on this and he was all in for trying to method, letting Kyra play and learn to feed herself. It would make meal time more fun and she would feel part of the family and be more social. Kyra still couldn't sit up very well at 6 months of age, she still needed support, so the hubs said that I should go with my gut feeling.

So today is the first day I let her try some steamed sweet potato. (I picked the tiniest sweet potato I could find in the bunch). Her hand and eye coordination was not bad! she immediately picked up the sweet potato and started sucking and munching on it, clearing enjoying himself.

What's this? It's tasty!

Let me crush you up a little more. Nyumm....

No comments:

Post a Comment